Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Olivier Primeau

NYANNOVA
null
Offline / Send Message
NYANNOVA null
Hello, i am currently a student in 3D animation and CGI trying to enhance my modelling and texturing skills. I will be posting here a few of my completed works and of course the WIPs of my 3d works.

I have experience in Maya, Blender, Zbrush, Substance Painter and Designer and Photoshop. I usually use Blender Cycles to render.

I will be gladly accepting critiques as i would like to improve my workflow and topology.

Olivier Primeau

Replies

• NYANNOVA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NYANNOVA null
    Let's start with an older but completed project. This is a 3d model vaguely based on two WW2 planes, the famous Japanese ZERO and the American F4F.

This has been a learning experience, and so the topology clearly isn't the best. My interest was to create a product that could be used in the Warthunder CDK engine, but obviously it isn't nearly good or completed enough to be implemented.

I also understand that the rear rudder and elevators are wrong as their rear shape is round and not ''pointy'' as it should be for proper air maneuvering.

Modelled in Blender, rendered in Cycles.

I will post an exact copy in the critiques section, it is not a mistake.

• NYANNOVA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NYANNOVA null
    Next up is a more recent work that was originally made for a basic modelling class (but of course i went further) and i fixed the model later in order to texture it to learn the basics of Substance painter. I have decided to use the Imperial Shuttle from Star Wars as the reference, although it's not exactly a 1:1 replica as a few details are missing, including the landing gear.

This work has been modelled in Maya, UV unwrapped in Blender, textured in SP and rendered in Blender Cycles.

All renders are lighted using an IBL HDRi.

Artwork at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/y3zZn