Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand Study - Criticism is needed and welcomed!

Millerman
null
Hello there Polycounters! I'm new to the community and would like to really get myself invested into the forums. There are so many threads i'm unsure of which one to really get involved with first so I figured as a start to get some feedback on a hand study i'm doing in Zbrush With Dynamesh. All help is greatly Valued.
Cheers,
Adam.

Replies

• RyRyB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RyRyB polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Millerman!

In addition to what JoshuaG mentioned, I would take a step back and really study the overall forms of the hands: mainly proportions. No amount of well-executed details will cover up poor proportions. So start at a lower subdivision and nail (ha!) the basic proportions first. Find yourself some really solid reference and only move forward once you have the basics down.

Looking forward to seeing more progress!
  • Millerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millerman null
    Thank you gentlemen! I do hold a bad habbit of beginning too high res, I'll kick it back and really look at the proportions. As for the nails haha should I be doing those at the same time as when going through the wrinkles pass or before?
  • Millerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millerman null
    Here's an update with the Hand. I used an Alpha for the wrinkles, but i'm not sure if i'm happy with the back side of the finger wrinkles.  Let me know what you guys think!

• Millerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millerman null
    Slight Change real quickly I noticed that the wrist area was a bit too small to I fixed that area