Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

F.E.A.R. Character WIP- C&C welcome!

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
inttruth polycounter lvl 2
Hello! My name is Tamara!
I'm a longtime lurker (on Polycount for ~2 years) and first time poster; I wanted to get a little better before I ask for critique on my projects.
My current project is from this concept by Alen Rocha.

I wanted to find something else that was kinda hardsurface/plugsuit like so I picked this.
Here is my progress so far:

Would love some feedback on any part of the model, I want to make this the best I can. Thank you very much!

Replies

• JAKEALEXDUN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JAKEALEXDUN polycounter lvl 3
    I like it so far, pretty cool :) Her eyes kind of scare me a little how tilted they are! haha but i guess she is asian, its a little hard to tell because i belive that asians have quite puffy eye bags compared to caucasian people.
  • inttruth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it so far, pretty cool :) Her eyes kind of scare me a little how tilted they are! haha but i guess she is asian, its a little hard to tell because i belive that asians have quite puffy eye bags compared to caucasian people.
    Thank you! Yeah, I am still very iffy on her entire face tbh, and I think I will fix the eyes and lips a bit more. Thank you for your feedback!
  • inttruth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone! I did some more work on her; let me know what you think/what i need to fix!
    And for reference (i forgot to put up the actual ref) this is what I'm making:

I need to work on the details of her inner neck thing, work on the details on the gloves and leg armor, and seriously fix her feet. That's all I have for now, thank you!
  • gem2492
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gem2492 polycounter lvl 5
    Her neck looks a bit stiff. Try angling it a bit by moving the head forward

The ears could be better, but I guess they'll be hidden by the hair anyway. The background gradient also makes it hard to see some parts like the transition of the nose bridge to the brow.. You can turn it off by sliding the Range to 0 under the Document menu.
  • inttruth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gem2492 said:
    Her neck looks a bit stiff. Try angling it a bit by moving the head forward

The ears could be better, but I guess they'll be hidden by the hair anyway. The background gradient also makes it hard to see some parts like the transition of the nose bridge to the brow.. You can turn it off by sliding the Range to 0 under the Document menu.
    Thank you! I agree, the neck and back of the head could fit the profile a bit better.
  • inttruth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, its been forever since I updated, so here is the finished version. All pictures rendered in Marmoset. 

model

• inttruth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marmoset viewer here.