Telltale Games is an award-winning independent developer and publisher of video games; named 2014’s ‘Most innovative company in gaming’, by Fast Company. Telltale was recognized by leading review aggregate site Metacritic as the No. 1 overall publisher for quality content in 2014. Since our beginning in 2004, we’ve pioneered the creation and delivery of episodic gaming content.
- Collaborate with studio/franchise art directors and art leads to push the look of Telltale's games forward in both realistic and stylized art styles
- Work with graphics engineering group to iterate on and improve our surfacing
- Create and maintain base materials and material libraries for environment and character teams
- Support and educate artists in best use of materials, libraries, and art tools; document and tutorialize as needed
- Provide hands-on support for art and engineering team in asset performance/validation
- Create miscellaneous tools and scripts to aid art teams in assessing and integrating content efficiently
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Heavy hitter art skills. After you touch it, people go "wow!"
- Deep understanding of how lighting and materials interact in a PBR rendering system
- Experience with Maya, Substance Designer/Painter, and Zbrush
- Experience with node based shader creation tools
- Good understanding of performance impact from shader complexity
- Scripting experience (Python)
- Able to identify problems in existing workflows, both long and short term
- Strong organizational skills and communication
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Additional Preferred Skills:
- 2+ year of games experience or a very strong portfolio
- Console experience a plus
- Strong understanding of shader languages such as HLSL, GLSL, etc.
- Experience with GPU profiling
- PyQt/PySide experience
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.