Home General Discussion

what wacom tablet should i use for zbrush?

MujtabaYousuf
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MujtabaYousuf polycounter lvl 3
hi guys .
the titles says it all and please note that I dont want wacom tablets like mobile studio. I want a cheap one. 
Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    You can use any wacom tablet afaik, they're all good
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    I use a Wacom pro now, and it's great for zbrush. I started with a budget tablet from monoprice, it was like 80$, and it was pretty nice, no issues. It has less sensitivity than a Wacom, i think it's like 1024 levels of sensitivity, but honestly I never noticed when i changed, 1024 is plenty.

when I switched to the Wacom pro I did so thinking it would be a big upgrade, but the upgrade was marginal at best, especially if you don't use the extra buttons or wireless, like I do not.

i miss that thing sometimes, when the Wacom drivers go to shit on me for whatever reason, I held my pen upside down for too long or said negative things in its presence, never had driver issues with the mono price tablet. 
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Im using an intuos comic. Its pretty small and it has application specific settings, so I can specify different setups per program that I am working in. Its a pretty nifty tablet.

Cheerio
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Last tablet I used was the Intuous 5, and it worked very well... until I got the Cintiq 22HD. I honestly could never go back to sculpting without the Cintiq. The difference is night and day.
  • MujtabaYousuf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MujtabaYousuf polycounter lvl 3
    kanga said:
    Im using an intuos comic. Its pretty small and it has application specific settings, so I cam specify different setups per program that I am working in. Its a pretty nifty tablet.

Cheerio
    it is indeed nifty tablet. You had any problems with pen or tablet or drivers? 

Geezus said:
    Last tablet I used was the Intuous 5, and it worked very well... until I got the Cintiq 22HD. I honestly could never go back to sculpting without the Cintiq. The difference is night and day.
    intuos 5 is actually good. i will think about this one.