Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Unicorn cosplay

null
Not exactly a cosplay, this model is a outfit for my avatar in Second Life (don't laugh, please).

I started it using a broken mouse, that turns off frequently, after losing my wacom tablet to a lightning 4 months ago (I think I was in the naughty childrens Santa's list this last year).

The model was made in Blender, using Bezier curves to create the hair strands in mane, tail, and feathers of the boot/foot. For the texture I used the "hand painted" workflow, building the texture in Photoshop with some maps baked with Substance Painter. The eye I made the basic form in Manga Studio, because for me its vector tools is better to use, and finished with Photoshop.

This is was my first attempt to use the new Bento bone structure implemented in SL in December. Got it to work right, specially the animations, after some headaches to discover how to make this thing works using Blender.

But I didn't liked the result :/ The texture is poor, not near the thing I wanted in the beginning of the project (something like a WOW or Dota 2 character).

But this week I got a new wacom tablet, and now I will try to make it again sculpting the mane and tail in ZBrush. I hope my hand remembers how to use a pen with ZBrush after all those months  :p

The low poly with final texture and the high poly, in Blender.

And the final model "inworld" (the dress is from another model I made before).