Mostwanted polycounter lvl 7
Hello guys, this is my first port here
This is my first try for likeness
I'm all open to advises and critiques. Thanks

Replies

• Vozz
    Offline / Send Message
    Vozz triangle
    If you are going for likeness, it would be nice to know what the likeness is haha! Add that in and I can try give some critique!
  • Mostwanted
    Offline / Send Message
    i will not tell if you cant tell who it is i failed. i will come with another one soon

• AnteArt
    Offline / Send Message
    AnteArt polycounter lvl 2
    @Mostwanted
    That is not the point. Tell us who it is so we can give you proper CC and with that CC you can go and fix and tweak and possibly learn. That way your next likeness will be better for sure!

Although, seeing what you have done here and giving you CC based on this head (not the likeness coz idk who it is), I would suggest you to learn about skull structure and muscles and fats beneath the head. Dont do likeness from observing, do it from understanding.  I would lower the eyes, lower the back of the skull and ease the transition to the neck, work more on the cheekbone area and his chin. Maybe even make his jaws less wide. Although this might be off for the exact likeness you are doing, I am just following some of the basic skull proportions.

On the other hand, this looks way better than my first likeness, so good stuff! :) 
  • Vozz
    Offline / Send Message
    Vozz triangle
    @Mostwanted What if I don't even know who the person is to begin with, I wouldn't recognize him and couldn't give CC :smile:
  • Mostwanted
    Offline / Send Message
    @AnteArt
    i understand what you are trying to say. Right now all i'm doing is 3 hours for 3 days for a head. At that point i ll leave that head and move to next one. i get demotivate very fast so ill keep it simple and fast. i guess around my fifth try or so you will recognize the head. i plan to work hard on this project. i have learned the anatomy of skull and muscles underneath i just fail to make use of them when trying to do the likeness and thats what i'm aiming to to do here.
    in coming heads i will try to more focus on all the points you have said.

@Vozz
    i know i get it. like i said its 3 days and 3 hours project. the above head was did on last day so i couldnt say much but this what i will do is i'll post after my second day the head if you can recognize well and good if you cant i will tell and whatever CC you guys will give i ll try implement them on day 3. 

By the way above was for Clint Eastwood now ill move with next one already collected the ref.

Thanks guys
  • Vozz
    Offline / Send Message
    Vozz triangle
    Cool I can definitely see the likeness to him, remember it is hard to tell a likeness when there is no color or texture or hair. Also please tell the age of the likeness, for example an older Clint Eastwood will have a slightly different face from a younger one. I am guessing this is a younger one. The top of the nose is what really stands out to me, yours is quite bulbous as though it had been inflated a bit in comparison to Clint's. His is much more of a ridge. He also has his trademark squint/frown, even when his face is resting. In between his eyebrows is quite harsh whereas yours is very smooth. The rest I can't really critique because I don't know what age of Clint you are trying, I would mention his cheeks are not full enough, but if you were going for a very old or a young Clint then you would be accurate, but then if something else might be off.

Hope this helps.
  • Mostwanted
    Offline / Send Message
    @Vozz
    sure it helps man thanks for CC. about the age, i was going for older one but not like present just older. his face gets rich in features as he got older so i chose older.