Home Technical Talk

Zremesher

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sahil Bhardwaj polycounter lvl 2
i am trying to zremesh my face model but my zremesh model look very bad as you can see  in image topology is not good at all. I also try zremesher guides look at 2nd image but result are same can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong

Replies

• T.Bull
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this tutorial did not tell about zremesher guides like how they work.can i use them with grouping like this tutorial
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    this tutorial did not tell about zremesher guides like how they work

That's because the zremesher guides don't really work. Once upon a time they did -back when zremesher was first introduced- but at some point Pixologic had to change to how zremesher calculates its edge placement in order to prevent spiraling topology (which was a huge problem with zremesher). As a result of their changes, spirals aren't much of a problem but the guides are pretty much useless. 

You might see them have an influence if you crank the curve strength up to 100, but generally people have abandoned the curves in favor of using other tricks like cutting into the surface or using polygroups instead. The guides were also more effective the less they were used. If you place too many of them down then it begins to constrain zremesher, which in return has a harder time trying to figure out how to make them work without a a higher target polygon count.

• Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid said:
    this tutorial did not tell about zremesher guides like how they work

That's because the zremesher guides don't really work. Once upon a time they did -back when zremesher was first introduced- but at some point Pixologic had to change to how zremesher calculates its edge placement in order to prevent spiraling topology (which was a huge problem with zremesher). As a result of their changes, spirals aren't much of a problem but the guides are pretty much useless. 

You might see them have an influence if you crank the curve strength up to 100, but generally people have abandoned the curves in favor of using other tricks like cutting into the surface or using polygroups instead. The guides were also more effective the less they were used. If you place too many of them down then it begins to constrain zremesher, which in return has a harder time trying to figure out how to make them work without a a higher target polygon count.

Thanks