Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bat Weapons (October of 2016)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
BlazerBird polycounter lvl 7
Bat Blade:
When Batman decided to have some more fun. I got this idea from looking at my batarang (yes, an actual sharp batarang) laying on my desk and wanted to have some fun. My process stayed in Blender for this one, applying creases with Subsurf to get the high poly for baking in Substance Painter. After texturing in Painter I went into Unreal to see how close they matched, and I liked it. Just a simple setup with a cubemap and reflection capture, and one spotlight. This my first attempt at weapons and I am happy with how it turned out. 

Chaotic Night-Wing Blades:
My friend and I came up with this design based off of the Chaos and Athena Blades in God of War. I had a full chain linking them initially, but it did not make sense to have all of that extra data in their for a weapon presentation, so I cut it down. I used Blender to model it out, then took into ZBrush to do a bit of detailing and finally went into Substance Painter to bake and texture. As usual, I ended in Unreal with a basic lighting setup to see how it came together. The metal on these was giving me some problems in Unreal, details getting washed out a bit, so that will be something I will improve upon in the future.

Painter:

Unreal:

UV:

Painter:

Unreal:

UV:

Replies