Home General Discussion

Powerbank for mobile studio pro

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
anMori polycounter lvl 7
Hi,

I´m in need of some technical advice as I´m starting to hit a wall.

I currently look into buying a wacom mobile studio pro and  realised having a powerbank with it would be absolutely crucial. After contacting wacom customer support, they helped me with finding the voltage setup I need but after looking for hours, I couldn´t find anything that fits. All powerbanks at the market are either too strong or weaker.

This is what they gave me as information:

"Thank you for contacting Wacom customer support. Regarding your question I found out this information I hope it does help:

Since MobileStudio Pro is a powerful device, also because of the Nvidia Quadro GPU, it requires “Profile 5” compliant devices for charging (20V, 5A). This is important to know you are asking which device to buy for charging. If a charger or battery pack will only support “Profile 1-4”, it will not charge the MobileStudio Pro!

Furthermore here is a overview of the different profiles for charging devices: 

a.) Profile 1: 5 Volts, 2A, max 10W – for small mobile devices, phones etc.

b.) Profile 2: 5 Volts, 2A / 12 Volts, 1,5A, max 18W – for small notebooks, tablets.

c.) Profile 3: 5 Volts, 2A / 12 Volts, 3A, max 36W – for small notebooks, tablets.

d.) Profile 4: 5 Volts, 2A / 12 Volts, 3A / 20 Volts, 3A, max 60W – for notebooks, hubs, docking stations

e.) Profile 5: 5 Volts, 2A / 12 Volts, 5A / 20 Volts, 5A, max 100W – for workstations, hubs, docking stations and our Mobile Studio Pro

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards,

Customer Support Team
WACOM"

So it seems to boil down to 20V/5A and max 100W. 

I would be extremly thankful for any advice or recommendation on what product might fit for the mobile studio. :)

Replies