Abandoned Interior

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ESFGames polycounter lvl 3
In a world where a mysterious virus outbreak caused all people to move away from the cities there is a little house at the edge of the forest.
The build of the house was almost done and the owners were so happy but then the outbreak happened.
The looting and violence started in the center of the city but soon made its way to the edge where also this house got looted for the little it had in it.
Then the people left and after years of weathering and nature doing its thing all that is left is this calm and forgotten place that once had a bright future.

----------------------------------------
Hey Everyone.
I hope you liked the little story.
Worked on this project for quite a while now and i think i am going to call it done.
Let me know what you think!

360 view can be found on art station here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A4E9o

Programs Used: Unreal engine 4, 3ds max, substance designer and substance painter

Replies

• Lucas Annunziata
    Online / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 6
    Hey Emiel,

This is definitely reminiscent of the Last of Us, which is good, but it also means that you've got to hit that quality bar! I hope you find the time to put a bit more loving into this scene, as it has a really strong base to it, but is missing that last 10-15% that will really help sell it as a real place rather than a cg scene.

You've got all these broken walls, but not much in terms of debris of the drywall being broken. Leaves blown in through the holes, water damage and warping on the floors.  Maybe try to infuse a bit more story into here as well, maybe some people holed up here for a night. There could be candy bar wrappers, or other trash.  If this is supposed to be years of weathering, then I think its got to be pushed further.

Maybe look up some Last of Us concept art, screenshots, etc for some inspiration

I really think this has got strong bones, so add some more flesh. MORE FLESH.