Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bedroom environment feedback.

null
Offline / Send Message
KatieCGI null
Hey guys, I have just done a render and was looking for any feedback. It's not completely finished yet, still a few things to add here and there but it's close to completion. Any feed back or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Replies

• LVL45
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LVL45 polycounter lvl 7
    Hey mate, the scene looks okay, so I will just focus what draws my attention on a first glance and something that I would try to look at and change.

The tree is kinda too distracting for me I would change it completely and see how it works. 

check something like this as inspiration for the wallpaper

The scene looks a bit sterile, like everything is too perfect.
    Some subtle dust/dirt here and there and some color variation would make the room more realistic. But again, make it like it's there but barely noticeable, if you know what I mean. :) we don't want to look like baby lives in a filth. :D
    I would make some wrinkles on the carpet and maybe tilt it a bit so it is not so perfectly (90 degrees) aligned with the walls.
    Maybe add some horizontal book on the shelf like somebody just put it there.
    Add a bit of the glossiness on the wooden floor (check some references) it will be more interesting.

Maybe play a bit more with the angle and zoom of the camera. I would try to zoom out a bit so we can see more of the room and add some toy on the floor (ball or something) it would make the room more alive.

Maybe it looks like there is a lot to change but I think those are all minor tweaks that would really improve the appearance of the room.

Good luck!
  • KatieCGI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KatieCGI null
    Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry I am so late back to you for some odd reason it didn't show up in my notifications. You have given me some great advice that I will take on board  :) Thanks again!
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Mural swap for sure...I'd also look at making a stronger statement on gender for the nursery. You also need a few more props; Changing table, diaper stacks, mobile over crib, dirty laundry hamper, dresser, air return detail on wall, ...crap everywhere....I'm gonna guess you don't have kids, cause this looks like nursery prep (before baby). Which is fine, but even still it'd be kitted out stronger than this.

Rug is gender neutral (on purpose?) yet your blue color choice is usually more aligned for a boy's room. I know in this new non-gender specific world these things are going away...but some things never change. Most men I know will not all of a sudden decide to wear pink. Sorry didn't mean to start a gender topic on your thread, but it's something to think about for this scene. I feel like the piece will be stronger deciding on gender and making stylistic choices based on that. Another option is gender neutral (for moms & dads who prefer to not know the sex of the baby till birth).
  • LVL45
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LVL45 polycounter lvl 7
    @KatieCGI No problem really, I guess for the same reason it didn't show me your replay either :/
    You're welcome! I am glad I could help and looking forward to see how it will come out eventually/ :)