Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Asuka Plugsuit WIP feedback needed

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
nbanezart polycounter lvl 9
It's my first post in this section, but I hope to get help/feedback.

Started out as a fun gesture sketch, leading up to where it is now.  I wanted to finish it, but I'm having difficulty with the hair and general lighting.  At first I went with hard lighting, then opted for a soft light.  I've tried flipping the canvas and it pointed out the head being off.  I feel the body is okay, which could use some corrections and tweaks.  However, the head and hair looked off, after the canvas flip.

I was going for a realistic look, but I feel conflicted with how it's looking now.

Replies

• lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    I think your biggest overall issue is that your shading with black and white. your reds could really benefit with some yellow/orange in the highlights, instead of pink like you have now. the same goes for the yellow parts, which should be more red in the shadow areas instead of brown gray.

as for the hair, look at some references, the biggest issue is the missing core highlight.

your biggest issue really are the colors. other then that, the form looks really good and I like the pose :)