Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feng Zhu's Vehicle Design Practice Iterations, Need Critique!

jacky_ruan
vertex
Offline / Send Message
jacky_ruan vertex
Hey! Its my first time posting something online, since I have always been a lurking, but I finally thought why not and post it here for critque on what I should improve on and what can be fixed.  

These were air vehicle iterations we had to do for class, and I did them after watching a lot of Feng Zhu design videos. 

Replies

• Shmaba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of these are looking pretty cool. The Lorry Air Unit designs I think work the best as vehicle designs, I would love to see some of those in color. The others I think look more like individual pieces to a flying vehicle rather than vehicles on their own.

The nuclear air unit says its based on the Ford Nucleon, but nothing in its design really seems influenced by the look of the Nucleon. Not that it needs to be, just that mentioning a specific car model makes me expect it to look a little more like that specified car. I also had a little trouble seeing it as a vehicle on its own because the cockpit didn't really stand out as a cockpit right away. It looks more like just an engine turbine that would be attached to some another flying ship.
  • Greg Westphal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Greg Westphal polycounter lvl 9
    Hey man, I agree with Shmaba about the Lorry Unit because it has the greatest degree of variation shown making it the strongest page.  The Nuclear Powered Air Unit really only has 2 variations 1 and 2 and the rest are just minor detail changes. Even within 1 and 2's silhouette they share a huge chunk of the same over all shape because you didn't want to touch the front.  Pretty cool though and 1 thing that we got ripped apart at fzd for was the white outlining our work because it flattens them out and makes them look like stickers.  I'd strike a bit of the white outlining where there should be some rim light and do a cross hatched cross shadow though because it'll really let their form read.