Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kieran's work thread

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Doxturtle polycounter lvl 8
Its been a very long time since I posted anything on here, uni work has taken up most my time. Been working on a small personal project over the last few days which im hoping to expand in the summer. 

Here is some of my uni work from semester A if you are interested :)

2D:

3D:

Its mostly pre-rendered film type stuff so I probably won't be going back and working on any of this now the modules over. Got a film res car and game res ue4 dinosaur coming up so ill post those once I have progress.

I am currently working on a tree to try out some foliage techniques. My progress so far:

Got a rough blockout of how I want the main branches of my tree to look, 

Modelled partly from this photo to get basic proportions in place

I have branches and leaves modeled that are ready to bake down. I need to make a bark texture first though.

Decided to make a dense branch and a slightly less dense one so I can vary the density of the leaves around the tree.

The branches are quite simple, I just extruded a box and smoothed it for the branches, made a high poly leaf and applied different leaf textures to it then distributed it around the branches. 

I have these larger branches I modeled using photos I found online. My plan was to use the branches above to cover these larger branches, however I think I made them too big for this purpose. I might try placing some of the little leaf/twig arrangements around these branches and see if I like the result better than the smaller branches. I could always do a 2048 x 2048 sheet for the branches and have both sets of branches on the texture. Would give some nice variety of thickness. 

Might be a while before I update this thread, lots of uni work to do at the moment.