Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

DoubleBarrelShotgun

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Ckafee polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys,

i resently starded working on a double barrel shotgun, and i wanted to share my work and hope you guys share your oppinions and thoughts, here we go.

this is the base HP i have been starded with so i could sculpt in some details. After that i had to make a fast prototype for in-game prototyping and i could figure out some detail ordering allready.

you can see the texeldensity on that and i also took a look at the ingame view for the detail ordering.

In the Ingame view you can see that i probably have to use a 2k texture when i UV the right way on the final Low Poly model. And that i have to give special attention to the part that is the closest to the camera. 

After that i went into zbrush and started sculpting some details, i have to change the details on the side and the overall sculpt is deffenatly not ready yet. But this is how far iam now.

Leave you thoughts and oppinions in the comments, hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your attention!

Replies

• Ckafee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ckafee polycounter lvl 8
    Here is an update of my shotgun. The HighPoly is done, i started baking and texturing.
    My art director checked it and siad that i needed more resulution on the wood handle. So i scaled up the UVs of that part and i could continue textureing
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    The sculpt looks a bit doughy, for example the knurling looks way too soft, and the wood texture you're using isn't good it's too noisy and has little to no wood characteristics, you want something where the age rings of the wood shows.
  • Ckafee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ckafee polycounter lvl 8
    Maxilator said:
    The sculpt looks a bit doughy, for example the knurling looks way too soft, and the wood texture you're using isn't good it's too noisy and has little to no wood characteristics, you want something where the age rings of the wood shows.
    Thanks for your reaction, is there anyway i can improve upon the sculpt? you have any good techniques?
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    Ckafee said:
    Maxilator said:
    Thanks for your reaction, is there anyway i can improve upon the sculpt? you have any good techniques?
    That's a pretty general question, the knurling looks like it's either smoothed or that you applied it on a division that's too low. Some stuff like wood carvings like what you have here would be easier to either apply at a later stage or to use alphas made in photoshop to get the shapes right, that gives you more control. 
  • Ckafee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ckafee polycounter lvl 8
    Maxilator said:
    Ckafee said:
    Maxilator said:
    That's a pretty general question, the knurling looks like it's either smoothed or that you applied it on a division that's too low. Some stuff like wood carvings like what you have here would be easier to either apply at a later stage or to use alphas made in photoshop to get the shapes right, that gives you more control. 
    That makes alot of sense, thanks!
  • Ckafee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ckafee polycounter lvl 8
    And i finished off with my final renders put together in some canvas.