Home Marmoset

Help - JUST want to render out baked light difuse map

KieraB
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
KieraB polycounter lvl 6
Hello all, thanks for reading.  I use Substance Painter and have been using the "baked light" filter for most of my needs.  however, for textures where the height map makes the texture look right (pebbly leather for example) that method breaks down and the difuse map created is sub-par.   So, at someone's off the cuff suggestion I downloaded Marmoset to give the demo a try.  I have dug around, watched a bunch of different how-tos but NOTHING is just showing me what I need to know.  Could someone please walk me through or point me at a tutorial that will give me just the following basics?  I need to:

Import my model that I used in Substance Painter (I dont even have a high poly version, this is really dead simple but I just cant seem to do it)
Import my textures
Set up a basic general lighting atmosphere
Render out difuse, normal and specular maps in png jor jpg format

I am not trying to do anything snazzy or complicated, model in, textures in, render pretty lighting on my difuse and export it out to upload into Second Life for the game asset I am trying to create.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
K

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,

Light baking, as in diffuse and specular light passes, is not something that is currently supported in Toolbag 3. However, this is something we've talked about and are considering for a future update.
  • KieraB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KieraB polycounter lvl 6
    It would be really handy.  I know that Second Life is seriously dated when it comes to graphics.  That said, there are lots of us out here creating for that environment and we are really hampered by the limitations of the system.  This may not always be true but right now, its a major pITA.
  • Panzerdraco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Panzerdraco polycounter lvl 5
    +1 to this. I occasionally do work for older engines and having the ability to bake PBR down into a single diffuse would be terrific.