Home Technical Talk

vehicle-unreal engine- cant make it drivable.

Mcbeardo
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Mcbeardo polycounter lvl 4
Hi

I have tried to many tutorials on this and none seem to work when i follow them from beginning to end. I jsut want it drivable. 

So the issue is, when i play, it spawns correctly with cam and mesh. Though the mesh is somewhat below the ground, and it does not move at all. Belove are the steps and things i have done. 

What i have done. 

1  rigged and skinned my vehicle in maya. 
2  i set the physicsbodies in unreal to the correct dimensions by checking the correct dimension in maya on each wheel.
3  created the animation blueprint
Inside that i set up:
the Mesh Space Ref Pose-Wheel Handler ( here i get a circle with a flash inside saying:fast path enabled, does not say that in any similar tutorial out there) -  Component to Local - Final Animation Pose

4 i then set up the wheel blueprint classes. 
in each one i set the dimension of the tire in maya and set the tiretype i created.

5  inside the vehicle blueprint i set up the key ctrls aswell as in the worldsettings.

Input Axis VehicleForward to set throttle inputs throttle and exec
and from vehicle movement to set throttle inputs target.

Input Axis VehicleRight to Set Steering Inputs Steering and Exec
Vehicle movement to set steering Inputs Target

Input Action VehicleHandBrake pressed to set Handbrake Inputs exec on
Vehicle movement to set Handbrake Inputs target
Input Action VehicleHandBrake released to set Handbrake Inputs exec off

6 In the vehicle blueprint under its mesh i connected the Anim class to the vehicles class and chose the correct Mesh aswell.

7 Vehicle Blueprint under Vehicle movement i Added the correct names of each bone on each wheel setup.

8 then i changed the pawn inside the worldsettings to my vehicle. 

And what happens is it spawns, but it sinks a bit under the ground level. Like the collision spheres on the wheels are to small, even if they aren't. i have tried resizing them to no avail. But the most important part is it just sits there and does not move at all. I hope some nice person will maybe know what to do. If u need more info iam glad to post screenshots if needed. 

Thanks in advance!