Home Adobe Substance

Subtance Batch tools for texture sets

IrukandjI
null
Hello all!

I am very clueless when it comes to batching tools and very not sure how to go to create a graph that will be able to be batched (I guess a simple name corresponding to the map I want to input but still...). I tried to look at the batching tools help file but I am still very unsure still... Very puzzled indeed.

I would like to create a substance containing user inputs linked to AO, Curvature and World space normal to do a certain effect, or multiple subtances to do multiple effects, save my sbsar files, and use the batch tools to take all maps in the folder for all my texture sets. So the names of my input maps will be $channel_$textureSet.tif  for example where $channel is the map type (AO, Curvature and so on). so It would find all channels with the same texture set and plug them in the right slots and output the new maps with $newName_$textureSet.whatever

Would that be possible? I tried playing with the batch tools but I can't understand how or if I can set up this kind of setup I have errors all over the place and can't really gasp anything. I feel very dumb =)

That would be really invaluable for me to be able to do so without having to go out of my way and create a subfolder for all texture sets...

Cheers!

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    sbsmutator allows you to plug bitmaps into inputs of a template graph and then output the resulting substance.

if you go here ...
    https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SB10/Sample

you'll find an example in maxscript - search for "sbsmutator" and you'll see how to build the command line. 
  • IrukandjI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IrukandjI null
    So I guess i need to 1st output one sbs per textureset (udim) then output each bitmap per SBS if I understand correctly...
    Trying to replicate the Dneg workflow, to my modest shitty technical level as I m so noob in SD that I will never be able to touch them, especially not using such advanced feature like the pixel processor which II guess they are using to convert world space and position to some advanced mapping per object / udim... and what not which is way beyond my reach hehe.
    Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Will try to fail and learn, maybe...As soon as I have some time.