Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Borderlands-like Locker

OmikronX
null
Offline / Send Message
OmikronX null
Hi,
I am pretty new to the whole 3D art stuff but I am motivated to learn since I enjoy it very much. 
Currently I am playing around with Substance Painter & Designer and during the weekend I have made my version of an Hyperion Weapon Locker based on Borderlands 2 art done by Jett Sarrett (http://i.imgur.com/PKS8B.jpg).

It is far from done but I would like to know what do you think so far? Comments or critique is welcome and appreciated. The render is from UE4, UV from Blender.

Replies

• LVL45
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LVL45 polycounter lvl 7
    Hey mate,
    Looks good so far and definitely has a vibe of borderland style!
    Maybe you can give us some more angles of the locker, but what I can tell from this shot is that it needs a bit more color variations.
    - Add more orange and light yellow on some parts.
    - White stripe looks too white, maybe add some grey gradients.
    - Add some gradient (light/dark grey) on the handles they would look better.
    - Make some changes with those green parts, some glossiness or emissive light; try to get a look like it is shining.
    - I would add more damage (on the corners mostly) and also some more dirt mostly at the bottom part of the locker.
    - UV map looks like it can be more optimized, not necessarily but you can get more of the texture resolution that way.

Try to do some of those tweaks it would definitely improve your prop!

Cheers!