Home General Discussion

A Stackoverflow for artists!

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
cookedpeanut polycounter lvl 12
If you're a web developer then you'll be familiar with websites such as Stackoverflow which offer user upvoted resolutions to questions, as upvoted by its users. However what if we were to create Stackoverflow but tailor it to artists, a help-center for digital artists... How about creating an interactive web application with in-built animated quick-start guides to common problems. Baking issues? Post a picture, rate or reply, help the next user... Modelling issues? Post a picture, rate or reply, help the next user...

It's almost all too common that users prefer to ask than search, why not improve this? It's my vision as an applications developer to take the sweat out of monotonous tasks.

If this post were a person, it'd be scantily clad, I'll admit. But wait out and hear me, for I want to open a door. The door to an open resource for all, where the limitations are its users but the answers are plentiful.

Hi, my name's Jesse Ian - I'm a web application developer who's worked in the CMS (Content-Management-Systems) arena for the best part of 3 years. With a get-up-and-go attitude, I'm rearing to get started on making such an application.  A start small, finish big type ideology.

This is something I want to test the community on, to probe its interest. It's something I want to do, but it's not without its risks. There are many challenges involved with creating a custom user web application and I wish to meet each one head-on between the eyes, and nail it.

Alas I have to work, a project of this scale requires resources, a server, time, management, setup and testing. This is where I need you guys, if this is something that interests you, post below. With enough raised eye-brows I'll create a newsletter, mockups, begin development on the application, create updates documenting challenges and development diaries with a resulting Beta-Program for users to get involved in with polls along the development path in that you, the user, can mould the final product. This of-course would require some-type of funding, but I wish to be as transparent about the whole process.

Help a young man with a small start, make a big ending!

You can find me on GitHub here.

Replies