Home Technical Talk

Maya / How to avoid triggering marking menu accidentally...

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
bitinn polycounter lvl 6
Is it possible to make sure the my mouse cursor is at the center of marking menu when I hold right mouse button? ie. at the red circle, not at the yellow ellipse.

Maya doesn't seem to be smart enough to reposition its dropdown menu based on my mouse position (eg. when my cursor is close to edge of screen)?

Replies

• bitinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bitinn polycounter lvl 6
    Obviously I am new to the tool, but am I seriously the only one that often click on right mouse button accidentally and triggering one of the item unnecessarily?
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There's no way that I know of, I guess the rest of us simply got used to it. If you only intend to use something from the center menu, you can just snap with your mouse in a quick action- the gestures still work. rmb> snap left> release rmb to quickly get to vertex mode for example.
  • bitinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bitinn polycounter lvl 6
    @throttlekitty Thx for confirming it, I was driving myself crazy with this one. This problem is very apparent if you are using any screen less than 1080p.

If I am more used to hot keys, do you happen to know any ways to turn the huge dropdown off?
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bitinn said:
    @throttlekitty Thx for confirming it, I was driving myself crazy with this one. This problem is very apparent if you are using any screen less than 1080p.

If I am more used to hot keys, do you happen to know any ways to turn the huge dropdown off?
    It's doable but messy, the .mel for this isn't as straightforward as "this section is for the lower menu" to easily disable or add a toggle to. Way more work than I'm willing to do right now. I do have a modified version for 2016.5 that shortens it up somewhat, no idea if it will cause a problem in 2017 (which I assume you're using).