Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: rexo12

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
rexo12 interpolator
Hey everyone, newbie to the forums here. Thought I'd start one of these sketchbooks.
I do this as a hobby currently, but might turn it into a job further along the line. This book will probably focus on the materials i build in substance, but you'll see some modelling too.

My most recent project - a medibot

(ignore the black line in his head - the painter file got corrupted so all i have is the PNG's   :/ )

I understand that this is supposed to have a progress breakdown but i don't have anything for this particular model. Expect some for my future projects though!

Have a good one!

Replies

• rexo12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexo12 interpolator
    New project, decided I'd pick up a project i finished a few weeks ago and expand on it, this project being my first try with animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmxXEvg7JMo
    (the video in question)

(the blobbo mesh - a simple cube with eyes)

Blobbo is a simple cube with 2 bones and some eyes. He was created so simple so i could focus on the content of the animation, and not rely on modelling/textures to convey a sense of character. So, with that being said this is my progress on blobbo, part 2. 

(progress on MrMeat - blobbo mesh with a different texture)

(the beginning of part 2. I feel like MrMeat needs to have a slightly blurrier texture.)

Overall, i'm going for a simplistic style, focusing the colour and so, the eye, on the characters. (also because i want to save on rendering times). 

So, now that i've got the assets done for the next scene i'll draw a storyboard and start animating.