Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Home Sweet Home - UE4 Interior Scene

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
KelseyJBlanton polycounter lvl 2

Hello everyone!

I recently finished a project in UE4 that I hold near and dear to my heart. 

This project helped me grow so much more with Unreal's Material Editor and understanding Lightmass. I learned so much more in texturing with Substance Painter/Designer/B2M as well. 

The pictures on the walls are photographs I've taken on my high-peak mountain treks in the Adirondacks of Upstate, NY. The top picture of the two boots is actually a Colored Pencil piece I created based off of a photograph I took. 

There are a lot of sentimental pieces littered throughout this room and I think this is what allowed me to become so much more attached to this project than the other ones I've created.

I'm very thankful for all the help and feedback/critiques that I was given to help push this piece further and further.  

If you're interested in viewing this on my ArtStation account -----> https://www.artstation.com/artwork/5oD81

I am, of course, always open for any suggestions/feedback/critiques as we all know nothing in the art world is ever TRULY finished, right? :smile: 

Cheers :smile:

Replies

• FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    That's awesome! Just, set the shadow map resolution or whatever that is to high enough to match the rest of the scene. The low res shadows stick out.
  • KelseyJBlanton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @FreneticPonies Thanks! Which shadows in particular stick out to you as low res? The shadows on and around the desk and planters near the windows? The moldings on the walls? Since this isn't supposed to be in a video game, per se,  I don't mind heightening some shadow maps as opposed to lowering some. :) Thank you for the feedback!
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    nice work!
    +1 to increasing the lightmap res, especially of the carpet.  the mesh receiving the shadows is always the one need to be examined.  the shadows of the chair for example are really pixelated, and they are on the carpet.. so check that mesh settings :]
  • KelseyJBlanton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Tzur_H  - Thanks! The resolution of those specific maps are actually very high - what's causing the softness is my penumbra settings on my directional light giving it that soft focus. I'll fix that setting and sharpen them up a bit! Thanks :)