Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My First PBR Prop - Feedback Appreciated

bcuello
null
Offline / Send Message
bcuello null
Hi guys, I'm currently a student at Ai and I am learning PBR work flow as well as general high to low modeling pipeline. I would truly appreciate feedback on all aspects of the model. I also have a Marmoset viewer of the project on my Artstation. Thanks! https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nLVY1

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    Overall it seems pretty good if this is your first PBR prop.  Looks like you've got normal and stuff down, although there are some minor issues at the top of the jaws.  I think the metal is a a bit too dark compared to what I'm expecting to see from your albedo map.  It seems to just be an issue in the third image and your Marmoset Viewer scene.  The metals in the first two still shots seem OK.

Your presentation can use a little work as well:  you have some medium to far shots but no light playing off any of your surfaces in a way that would show off your material definition.  Because I can't see much roughness variation, your surfaces read kind of flat.  The color variation is there and the chipping of the paint is a good touch (although it might be a touch too deep), but it's missing that surface read from a light source.

Your Marmoset Viewer on your Artstation does help with material definition, as I am able to move the camera around to a good angle.  But your sill shots aren't doing you any favors.  I'd also say the reddish light in your Viewer is a bit on the strong side.  It's completely changing the color of the wood slab.  The paint in your Viewer model also looks closer to a shade of blue compared to your stills which are closer to green.  Not sure what's going on there.

Nice work still, I'd be interested to see your adjustments if you've made any.
  • bcuello
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bcuello null
    I'm going to be uploading updates soon of the fixes i made to it showing the suggested updates.