Home Adobe Substance

Question about displacement maps and visual geometry

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AmitKilo null
I'm pretty new to the whole concept of displacement maps/parallax occlusion/Tessellation/Height map? especially in SD
And I have these questions below stuck in my mind for a while. 

(Just saying, I'm REALLY uncertain about the terms and what is actually being used in the examples below)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've seen a lot of people publishing their substance with actual visual geometry changes, for example This render:

Or here inside the view port at 1:28

My questions are:
-How is it done? 
-How game engines like Unity or Unreal handle this?, what is going on in this video for example?

-If its a "fake" geometry, can you somehow transform it into actual obj geometry? (maybe get the maps into Zbrush?)
-Is it even map driven?

I'm really not sure about all of this,  I feel like I'm missing or misunderstanding something.
So any information you can tell me about Displacement maps, Parallax occlusion, Tessellation and Height maps within Substance Designer,
AND also in general would be highly helpful and appreciated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big thanks for any help! ;D