Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Iron Fist / Finn Jones

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
GeorgeCrudo interpolator
Hey guys!

In anticipation of the new Iron Fist series on Netflix I decided to do a sculpt of the lead actor Finn Jones as Iron Fist. Still a really early work in progress but thought I'd share where it's at so far. The pose at the bottom is what I'm aiming for the final project to be. The body is still very early on at the moment. Spent most of the time so far on the head and still want to make sure it's really hitting the likeness. 

Would love and appreciate any feedback :) Thanks!

Replies

• GeorgeCrudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeorgeCrudo interpolator
    Here's an update on the head. Made a few face tweaks and started sculpting in some facial hair.
  • Azure_Dragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azure_Dragon polycounter lvl 6

please ignore the bad markings, the pose needs to be re-adjusted according to the reference image.  the back foot is needs to be pushed back from the knees to feet. The lats muscles comes out too much from the armpits. 
  • GeorgeCrudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeorgeCrudo interpolator
    @Azure_Dragon Thanks for the feedback! I will use this when I get back to tweaking the pose :)

For tonight I did some more detailing of the front torso and shoulders!

• GeorgeCrudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeorgeCrudo interpolator
    Trying to get better with lighting and rendering, in this case in Keyshot. I set up the scene with a 3 Point Lighting set up and started working with a custom skin material using the polypaint as a texture map. I like how this is getting a lot more of the sculpted details in the torso compared to the previous render. Still going to tweak this a lot moving forward as I try to understand it better. 
  • Azure_Dragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azure_Dragon polycounter lvl 6
    The pose still not as accurate, keep comparing it with your reference image.  what you can do is go into to Photoshop and place ur model image over the reference image.  From what i can notice from just looking at it is the upper body need to be bushed to the left. The head IMO seems slightly Big in comparison to the reference image.  i did a little paint over, took a few mins not perfect. Just so you can see where the pose is off. Keep at it :)

• GeorgeCrudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeorgeCrudo interpolator
    @Azure_Dragon Thank you! I'm working on getting the pose closer to that. This is my progress for tonight. I've made a few of the changes but probably need to strengthen them a bit more when I have some more time

• GeorgeCrudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeorgeCrudo interpolator
    Getting closer to wraping up this project. Here's some more progress shots :)

• GeorgeCrudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeorgeCrudo interpolator
    Made the head a bit smaller and did some more work on the neck (still need a a bit of work though) Also played a bit more with the pose and lighting so it looks a bit less weird around the eye area. When I get a chance I'll also post the model from more angles.
  • GeorgeCrudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeorgeCrudo interpolator
    Posting the sculpt from all angles in hopes you guys can spot things that look off. I readjusted the proportions a bit, dropped his torso so he looks more like he's squatting and extended, bent the legs a bit differently than they were before. Back of the hair is still not finished :)

• GeorgeCrudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeorgeCrudo interpolator
    Experimenting with some final rendering setups. Gonna be doing a bunch of BPR and Keyshot renders this weekend and hoping to finish this up :)
  • GeorgeCrudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeorgeCrudo interpolator
    https://www.artstation.com/p/rKnYL

Here is the final version of my Iron Fist sculpt :) Did some Keyshot renders with AO and then did some compositing work in Photoshop. Definitely still room for improvement in some areas but my goal was to finish this in time for the show. In the future I might go back and polish pieces up and key parts out with the intent of doing a 3D Printed version. You can see a lot more renders on Artstation here:

Thanks for checking this out guys :)