Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Rising Star Competition 2017 - Necris Female Character

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Enpremi polycounter lvl 8
Hello there, 
I'm currently participating the Rising star competition. The brief for character artists includes two characters from the Unreal Tournament universe and I've decided to go for the female Necris. We've been supplied with some concept art.
SOURCE

In therms of lore the necris are undead humans brought back to life by replacing their blood with black liquid containing nanobots. Sometimes their bodies were so damaged they had to use cyber-prosthetics.
Most of the concepts show their bodies being artificially combined with pieces of alien technology. I'm planning to stick to that, although to a slighter lesser amount. I certainly want to include cybernetic eyes, plus I was thinking of replacing one of her arms with a prosthetic limb and have pieces of skin wrapping around it as seen on the Sith Stalker character in the Force Unleashed:

Since the character is meant to be implemented into Unreal Tournament I used the basic Unreal Tournament mesh as my template and sculpted the body on top of it, to make sure it fits and makes rigging easier. The human proportions in Unreal are a bit - unreal. So far, I finished the base sculpt and before moving to the necrification, I thought I would stop here for critique.

Thanks
Enpremi