Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Strafe Animation

vertex
Offline / Send Message
antonny08 vertex
Hi guys, I'm a beginner animator, so I present my first animations of strafe, So I'd like to read your criticisms, thank you very much.

Strafe Animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ByWh2jN0PY&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• Ichi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ichi polycounter lvl 2
    Id think about the weight of the sword, I'd imagine that the character would put more effort in to swinging his alternate arm while his sword arm remains pretty still in a downwards position. Those things are pretty dang heavy!

Looking nice though, keep it up
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, good start! Are you able to put this on Syncsketch so we can make some visual notes.

Overall I think it just needs more weight to it. More up and down movement on the hips should help. Hold him in the air for a second before bringing him down over a couple of frames and have him come down heavier onto his foot. It seems a little weightless at the moment and the up and down motion seems quite linear.

Also, break up the movement between his upper arm, forearm and hand. They seem to all move together as one static object when they should bend a little from each other. If you space the keys a couple of frames later on the forearm it should give it more of a natural look

Most of the movement is there, it just needs a polish pass with some curve adjustments :)
  • antonny08
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    antonny08 vertex
    Hey, good start! Are you able to put this on Syncsketch so we can make some visual notes.

Overall I think it just needs more weight to it. More up and down movement on the hips should help. Hold him in the air for a second before bringing him down over a couple of frames and have him come down heavier onto his foot. It seems a little weightless at the moment and the up and down motion seems quite linear.

Also, break up the movement between his upper arm, forearm and hand. They seem to all move together as one static object when they should bend a little from each other. If you space the keys a couple of frames later on the forearm it should give it more of a natural look

Most of the movement is there, it just needs a polish pass with some curve adjustments :)
    Hi man, this is the link:

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/133391#151878

Thanks man, for you criticism.