Home Freelance Job Postings

Looking for visual development / art director mentor

IgnitionChemistry
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
IgnitionChemistry polycounter lvl 5
Hello.

Who I am:
I'm looking for a mentor who can guide me in my portfolio revamp journey.
I have graduated from a art and college design, I've done freelance in graphic design, later concept art, and also 3D.

What I want:
For the new portfolio I'll be working on, I think I want a general multimedia portfolio on all things I like to work on. I've done graphic design, VFX, 3D for games and Concept Art for games and film.
I need a strong direction to take this new version 3.0 of my portfolio to, the problem is that I have too many styles and my portfolio is a frankenstein of many visual roads.
I want to work in VFX, main title designs, some 3D concepts, minimal amount of drawing, graphic design is welcome too and I do sculpture, but I want to make sure whatever I do, people can connect to my signature when they see it, they recognize it as mine, kind of like the work of Director Chris Cunningham.

Who I want to hire:
A director or art director, someone who understands the problem and has been through this issue or has been educating others in this as well.

What the job is about:
I could spend a few weeks or months to try to make a new portfolio direction myself, but I'd rather pay someone to help foresee some technical problems I may face and just give overall general advice.
I have a collection of moodboards that represent the direction I want to take. I want you to take a look at it and make suggestions, critic it.

There's a zen saying of 'a fool who persists in his folly, will eventually become wise.' - so what I want you to do is to speed up the folly.
Please do not mind my gallery here on deviantart, it is old and unrelevant to this post.
Feel free to share this post with a friend whom you may think may be good for the job!
Send a email to clockersdev (at) gmail