Home Marmoset

Camera and Keyframes

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
blarg polycounter lvl 9
Are there any docs on Marm 3 camera controls and keyframes?

I am just trying to copy keyframes and its odd enough that when I slide keys around, even while holding shift it shifts eeeeverything around, even moves my camera below the ground plane etc. But how do you copy keys or a bunch of keys on the same frame?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are no official docs for cameras/keyframes at this time. Keyframing camera rotation can be a bit funky because of technical reasons. Basically the keyframing records the explicit transforms while the viewport camera navigation rotates around a point in front of it. So, making edits to the camera and playing them back can result in unexpected behavior. We plan on reworking the camera system to make these systems more consistent.

One thing you can do for now is, create a group object, place the group where you want the camera's pivot point to be, and then put the camera in the group. Now, you can use the transforms of the group object instead of manipulating the camera directly, which makes it easier to do things like rotating around an object. You can keyframe the camera for movements line panning if you want to layer the two together.

To copy keyframes, select the keys in the keyframe editor, hit ctrl+c, then go to the other object and select the track you want to paste into, and hit ctrl+v. The keys will be pasted starting from the current frame.