Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dwarven Throne

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
doolally66 polycounter lvl 2
I was recently made redundant so to keep myself busy whilst applying for jobs I started a personal project/scene.

I've modelled, textured, and light the scene but it still feels empty. If you have any tips or suggestions please throw them my way. These images are from Unity but I'm going to put everything into Unreal to see what the particle system is like in there.

I'd also love to know if the scene looks too dark, light or just right. I'm having some difficulties with the lighting as my screens, despite being the exact same model, display the images slightly differently. I've been using my phone as the base for 'good/correct'

Replies

• ArNavart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArNavart polycounter lvl 2
    I think the scene is too saturated ( I'm thinking about realistic style ), especially banners, and the floor pattern is a bit too noticeable, also in general I'd try to create a point of interest in the scene ( the throne itself, I guess), by making surroundings less lit and a bit aged
  • doolally66
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArNavart said:
    I think the scene is too saturated ( I'm thinking about realistic style ), especially banners, and the floor pattern is a bit too noticeable, also in general I'd try to create a point of interest in the scene ( the throne itself, I guess), by making surroundings less lit and a bit aged
    Thanks for the feedback. Can definitely agree with the over saturation. I can tone down the redness in the lights. 

With the floor pattern, do you mean the white lines or the individual seperate tiles? Easy enough to change both of these up. 

I've started reducing the lighting around the edges, next step will be to age/damage the surroundings a bit.
  • doolally66
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated the lighting to try and de-saturate everything, as well as bring more emphasis on the throne itself.

All comments and criticisms welcome.