Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Character Acting Test Critique

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Green_Cheek_Conure polycounter lvl 2
Hello I been working on a small character acting shot and would love any critiques you could give! Thanks so much in advance!

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hello Green, awesome work!! I have some notes ( just my opinion , just grab what it helps you :) )

- The "Move on" doesn't read , maybe you should start the shot with the M shape on his mouth then moving to an O.
    - It feels strange that the upper body have a good amount of movement but his legs are pretty locked on place , try to add some animation to them just to feel that his whole body is connected.
    - In the "exist" I think that you can accentuate it more between the E ( close it more) and S shapes.
    - The screen right hand is a little distracting since it feels more like a pop , the movement is fast. I think that the shot can be with his both hands already on his lap.
    - The fist at -exist- feels too CG , I suggest you take out a little bit some fingers just to give the fist a better form and not like a default fist hand :).
    - The face is awesome :) just a couple of notes on the eyes , sometimes it feels a little weird that eye ----> , like in the beginning the eye goes a little bit out.

Good work :)!!!

• Atif_FX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atif_FX null
    Awesome work Green, What CG software you have used for this?
  • Green_Cheek_Conure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Green_Cheek_Conure polycounter lvl 2
    Just plain ol Maya 2016.

Though I kindof left this shot alone for now. Planning to work on allot of other shots with my time atm.