Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: DDO fails to save projects correctly

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Remerbr polycounter lvl 7
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but I had to hold off typing this for an hour because I was so furious. I lost half a day's worth of work once again because when I hit "save project" it just reverted the project back to how it was after all meshes and textures were imported. Also there is no fucking undo button to my knowledge so if you happen to fuck anything up - welp, you're out of luck pal. Have fun redoing 3 hours of hand painting. Has anyone else had any issues with projects occasionally failing to save?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Yeeesh, that's horrible. This kind of thing tends to happen only if there's a lost connection between Photoshop and SUITE. I would recommend running PS as admin once, close it, and then open SUITE and try adjusting some minor stuff to see if it sticks on saving.

If that fails, let me know what version of SUITE and Photoshop you're running, and make sure your graphics drivers are updated too. Sorry about that! :(
  • Remerbr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Remerbr polycounter lvl 7
    Yeeesh, that's horrible. This kind of thing tends to happen only if there's a lost connection between Photoshop and SUITE. 
    Yes, it seems that is what happened because even though I was already on 2.2.2 I tried the updater just to make sure I wasn't missing any files. After that Suite falls behind Photoshop and there is no connection between the two. I tried the fix you recommended but to no avail. Been scouring the forums for a solution.

I'm on Photoshop CC 2017 but I was on 2.2.2 before I had any issues. (I checked which Quixel version I was on immediately after the save issue.) So I don't know what happened to make it lose connection suddenly. I made no changes.

EDIT: Also I would really really prefer not to roll back Photoshop because I was on 2017 before I had any issues with Quixel.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Well, that's it right there. 2017 isn't supported officially yet. I'd go back to 2015.5 or 2014 for now until SUITE 2.3 hits.