Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Beginner Character Modeling: Suu (tips and guidance appreciated)

vertex
I was GOING to start modeling an original character in Maya, but then I remembered this character existed and I wanted to try translating her design into 3D. This time around I'll be modeling the clothes separately from the body, unlike in my Garnet model. 
Character: Suu
Tools: Maya (and possibly Zbrush later)
Reference:

Also going to reference Overwatch, since they have a cartoony style that works well in 3D:

Front and side sketches and progress:

Any tips or guidance would be appreciated! If possible I'd like to try out Zbrush using this character too.

Replies

• RealBarenziah
    I've redone the geometry a few times now. Moving on to texturing. Lots of experimenting going on here. Eyelashes could probably use more polys. Also maybe the top of the head.

• RealBarenziah
    Here's a bit of progress. Not sure if it's a good idea to be using display smoothness. Started getting the metal rings incorporated. I'm going to remodel them I think so they fit the body better. Top part of the dress will probably just be painted on the texture of the chest and I'll put a normal map on top to add some wrinkles and other detail. Still a long way to go here.