Home Full time/Part time work

[CLOSED] [Budget Development] Looking for a 3D artist

Yagairudi
null
Hey everyone, I'm making this ad because I feel that the team I'm with needs a few more 3D artists. The team wears many hats so we're working on different tasks. We're mostly working with what's in line with our specialties. We have someone who will help us with project management, but he'll be working on development as well.

As far as the team size is, currently we're 3 people, but we have plans to expand the team. We got together to create our first game project. We don't have the full details of what the whole game is about, but we're aiming for a tactics RPG.

I added the tag [budget development] because we feel uncomfortable about promising revenue/profit sharing and expecting someone to work on tasks that fit our expectations...not for the artist helping us. So we are open to pay upfront for one's services, but don't expect a rate of $12+ an hour right now. Also we won't request the artist to work for pennies. We're open to negotiate the starting amount, and once we put out a solid product that receives a positive reception, we can negotiate a pay raise or a workable salary, and that comes with long-term development with the team!

How our development pipeline will go is that within 1-2 months, we will have a solid playable demo. For now it's up for discussion on how we're going to raise funds, but we'll eventually find the best method. Also we're always refining our workflow, and that involves buying necessary assets or frameworks that we need. For a project management tool and a repository, we're looking at Jira and Git.

Our current team is located in Dallas, TX and Bangalore, India. We prefer if we work with people within those locations. (*Update: the team decides to open their doors to work with people across the globe*)

Feel free to send me a PM. Once I choose the artists that are best suited for the team I'm with, I'll let you all know how to follow up with your application. The artists who understands and are willing to grow with the team are the people we're looking for. ;)

Update:

We have all the team members we need. If for whatever reason my team and I need more helping hands, I will contact people individually. Thanks for all who applied. :smile:

Replies

• Yagairudi
    Hey everyone, the position is still available. We're currently looking for people local to Dallas, TX and Bangalore, India. For those who applied, we appreciate you all applying and we may consider to hire some of you in the future. We are good to offer part-time work, contract work, or internships.
  • Yagairudi
    Hello everyone, the position is still available. After much consideration in regards to development, the group decides to open it's doors for those across the globe. If anyone is willing to work with a budget and is looking to grow with an upcoming game development studio, we would like to work with you all. Understand that we're going for long term growth, so if you expect most of the resources to be on you, the studio will not grow. 

Also we will work with those who are fine with an initial pay rate of $12 USD per hour (or a base pay of $96 USD) for each task done. Please complete tasks within a timely manner - tasks that take more than 3 days to complete is inefficient. We're a pretty open-minded group, so we're not just looking for contract workers, but also problem solvers! If any of you have suggestions to share in regards to development, resources, budget, and fund-raising we will come up with a plan to execute your suggestions as solutions.  :)
  • Yagairudi
    Hello everyone, the position is now closed. There were a lot of talented applicants, but we it had to narrow it down to a few people. Getting a good core team is work in itself. I wish you all luck in getting into a project and if the team and I needs more helping hands, we'll contact the applicants individually for possible contract work.