Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A Dreamer's Castle: Please Follow! (Unreal 4 / VR / Twitch Stream)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
EJtheArtist polycounter lvl 8
Hi!

I've been busy throwing together my dream castle. Its a blend between high fantasy and architectural realism. So far, I'm in the blockout stage and have plans for flourishing a beautiful castle in unreal engine and maybe port it to rift. I'm also streaming everything; my accomplishments, my warts, my discouragement, and my excitement. Because I want others to know that struggling, getting stuck and trying get unstuck is a good thing. 

I'm looking for help with a few things:
  • I'm looking for other experienced artists who are interested in watching me work to help me improve my workflow, look over my shoulder and provide ideas, or just general interest and support in what i'm doing. You can find me on twitch.tv/ejtheartist (where I work on skywind or everjane too) or catch up on past streams on my youtube channel.
  • I'm interested in your thoughts and critiques about the castle as I pile through working on it . I am planning to have a giant chunk of it done, mostly the exterior, over the course of the next month before GDC.
  • I need help getting a custom URL youtube, just 44 more subscribers and i'll be able to have youtube.com/ejtheartist! Will you please help support me my subscribing here?
  • I'm looking for artists who want my help. Please feel free to pop in the stream and ask questions!

concepts / reference:

Here is a playlist of everything I've been doing so far to make my dream castle possible, and am updating it weekly. (Click the little gear button at the bottom of the video to speed up the stream)

Milestone 1: Playable Tower
So awesome! its such a tiny portion of what I want the rest of the castle to be like, but the accomplishment of this moment feels awesome.

Playthrough of Tower:

My next milestones are a playable/blockout of the rest of the castle and to take this tower through the art style that i'm going for that will inform the vision for the rest of the castle.