Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Quixel Suite Very Slow

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
xXCrimsonWolfXx polycounter lvl 4
It's not the viewport fps, but when applying materials and entering Dynamask. The program just takes ages to load. I put my shared directory on a more full drive (one with a a couple hundred gigs on it). Would that be the reason? Should I put the project to the main SSD?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    The tools operate as fast as your computer will allow them to. This includes read/write speeds on the drive you're using. If you're working from a networked drive, you're going to see a huge drop in work speed - try saving locally. There's only so much data that can be transferred via networks and it pales in comparison to the transmission rate of a SATA connector.
  • xXCrimsonWolfXx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xXCrimsonWolfXx polycounter lvl 4
    Just as I was thinking, thank you  :) I put it on my more full HDD (7200 RPM) because my main C: drive SSD only has 14 gigs on it and the projects tend to take up a little bit of space. I like to work with 4k resolution as much as I can. :/ Would it be ideal to buy a low capacity SSD just for working for Quixel and such?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Working with Quixel would require sending an invoice to be paid. ;)

Working with Quixel SUITE would definitely benefit from a solid state drive, not just for project creation but also for Photoshop's scratch disk.