Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Dynamask behaving strangly, possibly interacting with the edge of the texture canvas?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Rekov polycounter lvl 5
I'm getting something a little weird with a Dynamask, which I believe is Big Tarnish, in that some edges are getting painted with a huge stripe on the mask and I can't figure out why.

The curvature on that corner of the bookshelf isn't different from the other side, so my only theory as to what might be causing this is that those edges are near the edge of the UV map. Do Dynamasks interact with the border of the texture in this way? Is there any way around this part from unwrapping the model again and leaving more of a space?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You'll need to dig into your texture settings for the specific mask you're using. All masks applied by DynaMask function from your input maps and model shape. If anything is inaccurate to you in the mask viewport, the best place to diagnose it would be to look at your mask settings and change sliders until you find the specific one causing the trouble, and then refine from there. Barring that, check your input maps to ensure they're clean.
  • Rekov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rekov polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks for the suggestion. I don't really know what's up with the textures in that dynamask. I didn't have any problems with any of the other models I've used it on. In any case, I completely rearranged the UV for that bookshelf model and the problem went away.