Home Technical Talk

Pen Tablet

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Sahil Bhardwaj polycounter lvl 2
Hello, I want to buy a pen tablet for zbrush and as well as photoshop.Iam not very good in zbrush but i can't do sculpting with mouse i tried but some design is so hard to sculpt with mouse.I am not looking for costly tablet but can anyone suggest me a good pen tablet.

And, Finally all pen tablet's are for 3d and 2d software or not like, suppose i buy this one -: 

Wacom CTH-490/K0-CX Small Art Pen and Touch Tablet(7 inch) 

Is this pen tablet is gonna work in 3d software or it's only for sketching use only.....

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Yes, sculpting with a mouse is like doing calligraphy with a lump of wet coal... :)

Have you thought about a used Intuos 4? You could get one pretty cheap these days. I've been using an Intuos 4 small for many, many happy years of Zbrush sculpting.

I got an Intuos 5 large at one stage but didn't like it at all and went back to the i4 small.

As for what is supported, it operates just like a mouse once you have the Wacom drivers installed. Most modern 3D/art/painting/drawing software supports Wacom tablet features.
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for reply, but where i am from intous 4 is too costly for me like way costly i can made a nice pc with price i saw in amazon.in if i convert it into us dollar result is 1526.70 US dollar.Any other suggestion like around 88 or 90(approx) us dollar.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    I recommend this. The only difference between the "Art" and "3D" versions is that one comes with Corel Painter Essentials, the other comes with ZBrushCore. You probably won't use either though, and the 3D version doesn't seem to be available in the cheaper Small size.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for reply, but where i am from intous 4 is too costly for me like way costly i can made a nice pc with price i saw in amazon.in if i convert it into us dollar result is 1526.70 US dollar.Any other suggestion like around 88 or 90(approx) us dollar.
    So much for the 'global' economy, eh? :/  Although I meant a used/second-hand intuos 4 on ebay. They're nearly 10 years old so should be a lot cheaper.
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks again, but i can't find cheap intous 4 in my country even it's not cheaper in ebay so i think iam gonna go with GRIMWOLF recommendation.That is also costly but i will wait for any discount.Thanks again...i find these in my budget can anyone tell which one is good...

1   ------       Wacom CTL-490/W0-CX Small Draw Pen Tablet (6.7 inch)

2   ------       Wacom H-490/K1-CX Small Comic Pen and Touch Tablet (6.7 inch)

3   ------       Wacom CTH-490/K2-CX Small Photo Pen and Touch Tablet (6.7 nch)

4   ------        Wacom CTL 471/K0-Cx Tablet (6 in

:) pls tell me which one is good
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    I believe they're all identical; they just come with different trial software on the side that you'll likely never touch.
  • Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so it means i can buy any of these right and these all are good for Zbrush sculpting and for photoshop also

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so it means i can buy any of these right and these all are good for Zbrush sculpting and for photoshop also

Yes, they're all fine for ZB/PS

Here's a used Intuos 4 meduim(wireless in good condition) for $179 plus free shipping. Decent bargain. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacom-PTK-540WL-Intuos4-BT-USB-Bluetooth-Wireless-Medium-Tablet-Intuos-4-PC-Mac-/142246222713

• Sahil Bhardwaj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you all.I really appreciate it.