Home Technical Talk

UV space cropping in blender ? need guidance

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
hi i would like to know if there is a way to crop my UV so it can match half of it size, i´m using the word crop because i dont know the technical term to refer it so, is a word that references the photoshop tool crop. im working on something and it requires that maps have a 1024 x 2048  a rectangular layout.
here is not cut, i just put a image behind to help me get the thing done for testing and keep the work going; but once i cut the thing in photoshop... well it gets messy on the lowpoly. thanks for any kind of advice
im using blender 2.78

Replies

• Yadoob
    Offline / Send Message
    Yadoob polycounter lvl 7
    You're a bit lost between image and UV space : UV space doesn't care about te pixel size of the image, it's proportionnal, for example if you put a rectangle image here, the UV islands will still be on top with blank space on bottom.
    So if you want a UV to fit 1024*2048 pixel, islands needs to fit the whole UV space, then you can put your 1024*2048 image underneath. In your case, you can put the 3d cursor at the top corner of the UV grid, change the transformation pivot to "cursor" then scale *2 on Y axis :

Hope it's more clear for you

• frozenfenrir
    thank you, im new so im kinda lost in there. also thanks also for the detail gif instruction, very helpful and informative im very grateful you took time for it.
    this is what im doing with it.