Home Technical Talk

[Maya] Unfold command extremly slow when invoked via script

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Fwap polycounter lvl 13
Pretty much as the title says, unfold works pretty well when invoked from the traditional places.
When invoking it in a script it takes about 10-20 times longer. 

Has anyone else run into this problem before? Any workarounds or alternatives to the in built unfold?

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Not something I've run into, but what is the script line you're calling it in full? Off the top of my head, you're calling it with a high number of iterations maybe?
  • Fwap
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    cmds.unfold( i = 100, ss = 0.001, gmb = 0.5 , pub = False, ps = False,  oa=2, us = False )

<br>
    I found that it can be as quick as a blink, to about 5 - 10 seconds, depends on the...actually not sure what it depends on, it's a mesh by mesh case. Ran super quick on 100 UVs ran slow on 60. I think i noticed a little bit of an improvement by actually defining some of those Falses instead of leaving them to default, not too sure tho.
  • throttlekitty
    I dunno, I'm testing it on a a mesh with 83k verts and a stupid arrangement of geo and uv splits. I'm not seeing any speed differences between using UI and script on this particular mesh or others in the scene (which are much lighter). I can see the cursor flicker between pointer and "thinking" which imma observationally guess is the function moving to the next UV shell.