Home Unreal Engine

Feedback on a University project

gEo47
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
gEo47 null
Hello everyone! I worked on a level design project last semester and i would like to share it with you. Any feedback is acceptable! Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lSbNEorYas&t=7s
You can also check my portfolio page: http://ct10044.wixsite.com/portfolio 

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    I really enjoyed that. :) Watched it all the way through. Great work. Nice layout. This would make a really good intro/opening level. Did you build all the assets? I love the rocks/cliffs especially.

I think you could have improved the drama/atmosphere by cycling to dusk/night as the howls increased. And also changed the soundtrack/SFX to something more sinister/eerie as the player progressed with the howls.

You should post on the WIP forum for more feedback. 
  • gEo47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gEo47 null
    I really enjoyed that. :) Watched it all the way through. Great work. Nice layout. This would make a really good intro/opening level. Did you build all the assets? I love the rocks/cliffs especially.

I think you could have improved the drama/atmosphere by cycling to dusk/night as the howls increased. And also changed the soundtrack/SFX to something more sinister/eerie as the player progressed with the howls.

You should post on the WIP forum for more feedback. 
    I am glad you enjoyed this! I did not create the assets since creating so good assets needs time and I didn't have much. Most of them are from the marketplace.Thanks for the feedback. I already have a night scene for the same scene but making a transition is a challenge. I will have those in mind for future projects.
    One  
  • EliasWick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EliasWick polycounter lvl 9
    Hey,
    I couldn't watch the video with audio, so I might have miss something.
    Overall it looks great, but I agree with musashidan on the whole atmosphere thing.
    The birds seemed to be on a loop. From my view it looked as if they were re-spawning over and over again. (As I said above i might have missed something with the audio, so I won't criticize you for this)
    The pathway at: 
    3:38 in the video could be improved a bit more with bendable textures from the path out to the grass. Same thing goes here for the grass. You could add some more stones and boulders in the grass around the Windmills.

The following improvements are not necessary, but would be something I would consider doable in a short time frame. 
    Other than this, this is incredible work. I looked at some of your other portfolio images and they are all great!
    Good luck! :)
  • gEo47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gEo47 null
    EliasWick said:
    Hey,
    I couldn't watch the video with audio, so I might have miss something.
    Overall it looks great, but I agree with musashidan on the whole atmosphere thing.
    The birds seemed to be on a loop. From my view it looked as if they were re-spawning over and over again. (As I said above i might have missed something with the audio, so I won't criticize you for this)
    The pathway at: 3:38 in the video could be improved a bit more with bendable textures from the path out to the grass. Same thing goes here for the grass. You could add some more stones and boulders in the grass around the Windmills.

The following improvements are not necessary, but would be something I would consider doable in a short time frame. 
    Other than this, this is incredible work. I looked at some of your other portfolio images and they are all great!
    Good luck! :)
    Thanks for the feedback. I am glad you liked it! I must admit that about the bird sound. Sound was added fast due to the project deadline and I missed something with those bird sounds which made them affect the whole map and not the specific areas i wanted. Also the path needed some more work. You are right on this.Thanks again for the appreciation! :)