Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio feedback and critique

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
RipNic polycounter lvl 13
Hi folks might need some help from you guys.

In October I was let go from a digital agency due to short of work, and after that I have tried to get into the industry but sadly without any positive response.
In my previous role at the agency I was pretty much the lone artist there, 3D for games and highres stuff, movie and film editing ,simple motion capture and so on.

I was wondering If you could give some feedback and critique on my portfolio and what I shall do about it.
I dont really know what I like to do the most since I have been a generalist in both mind and work experince over the years . I know that games interest me more then CGI but for me good games is not locked to a certain style , I have played a lot of good games with various styles to it.

When I try to start a project I have often get idea block, Dont know what to do and what to focus on, I want the ideas to be cool and interesting to look at and doing a single regular AK 47 is something you can google 1000 images on already.Ideas become so big so very fast. A prop becomes a scenery.
Also what kind of area I should be focusing on , modeling, texturing,substance,Zbrush,unity,unreal and VR? and what styles should I focus on?, Handpaint,realism,cartoony,mobile etc.
It becomes big quite fast.

A short background :
I have both a cgi and game development education behind me, and a bunch of internships but sadly few good internships that rewarded me afterwards.I am now living in Sweden/ Stockholm and having a regular job to pay the bills.

My current portfolio is
www.ceklundh.com
(also have a artstation link which you can follow thru my website)

And a side note.
I know that this hobby takes up a  lot of time and you kinda have to be focused on it all the time, But I have also another hobby since 15 years back in which I would like to still have. That hobby is called Warhammer and for those who dont know about it , it is painting miniature figures and play whit them. 
Is it possible to have both these hobbies?

I am hoping this post was not too long to read and I thank you for any advices you can give me.
Until next time.
/RipNic.

Replies