Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Domicile of a Lonley Wizard

puu
null
Offline / Send Message
puu null
Hi there! I just recently picked up UE4 and put together an environment! I spent about a month on it from start to finish. There are quite a few things I would love to go back and touch up or fix, but with the school semester about to start again I'm going to be off running into a new project. All of the screenshots are taken straight from the engine (UE4). All modeling, texturing, lighting, etc was done by myself. The procedural textures (walls, floors, wood) were done in Substance Designer, while the hero props (desk, armoire, book) were brought into Substance Painter. I used Marvelous Designer and zBrush for the various fabric material around the room. I also have the whole project up over on my Artstation if you want to see more (✿ ◕‿◕).

Here's the finished screenshot!

I have a little progress gif that I made as well!

I did a few material callouts too. I know they're not really complicated materials, but they worked for me and I'm more or less happy with how they turned out!

Here's my candle flame material. I ended up plugging it into a particle system to add more light variation and smoke.

A pretty basic vertex paint blending between two POM materials. I made the wood plank material in Substance Designer (you can check it out here)

And finally heres the material I put together for my book material. It takes the objects location in the scene and slightly adjusts the diffuse texture to give a little bit of variation. 

This was my first time working in all of these programs, so most of the time I spent on this environment was just trying to figure out what works, and what breaks everything and crashes Unreal haha. Thank you for looking (◡‿◡ฺ✿)!!

Replies