Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Necromancer Ritual Environment Art

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
JoBritt polycounter lvl 4
Hey so I am new to Polycount and this is my first post! I just wanted to share some environment work that I am working on and would love some feedback and criticism or what you think would be cool to add to the scene. I am not quite done with all of the modeling so I would love some constructive criticism!

So far I have a Ritual Table, Cloth, Sacrificial Dagger, Sacrificial Book, and a Chalice.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Thanks for posting, and welcome! This belongs in 3D Showcase, not General Discussion. Moving it for you.
  • Scizz
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    What's your workflow like for this? Do you have a concept you're referencing? Also, is this going to be an environment scene, or a prop showcase? Generally if you are making environments I would recommend blocking it out and getting a feel for scale and what not before adding props like what you have now to it. Is this going to be a more stylized piece, or a realistic one. Keep us updated and WELCOME! You'll be glad you came. :smiley:
  • JoBritt
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Eric! I actually just noticed that a little bit ago but had no idea how to move it lol. Scizz I am basically going from my head with the placements and referring to several references for the props. I was thinking this could be more of a prop showcase and then on my next piece I would try to go more of an environment look. I was thinking of a realistic look for the textures by using substance painter. Do you think a prop showcase would look good for an environment artist portfolio? Thank you guys for the welcome, I am very excited! :smiley:

• Scizz
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    Well, environment artist is a broad term. If you want to be a prop artist, show props on your portfolio. You want to be texture artist, show your texture work on your portfolio and so on. I believe all those fall under the category of environment artist. In general I would say props and environments both are perfectly fine in your environment artist portfolio.
    It's okay to show your reference images as well. It helps us better understand what you're going for so we can help out better. It's hard to really critique your models as of now because they seem like they are in very early stages. Show some close ups of the models. Some wireframes even. When you hit your milestones in production share them!
  • JoBritt
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the advice and information! I will keep showing my progress with the project! Once I finish with the sculpting of the model I will upload them, as well as any models that I finish!
  • JoBritt
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey so I have recently started texturing my props using Substance Painter. The first prop I textured was the Ritual Book. Let me know what you guys think! :) 
  • JoBritt
  • JoBritt
    Offline / Send Message
    Just finished texturing the Ritual Table! It contains 1,084 polys and was textured in Substance Painter! Please let me know what y'all think!
  • JoBritt
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished the Necromancer Scene! Please let me know what you'll think!