Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Figure study needs critiques

vertex
Offline / Send Message
c1nder vertex
Hi all, i am studying about human anatomy, here is my 1st try about basic shapes, hope can get some advices from you.
Thank you :)

Replies

• emerald-shine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    emerald-shine polycounter lvl 4
    looking good. First thing that hit me was the neck. Theres somthing off and i think its the head. It seams to be a bit small. The back of it looks a bit alien like to me.
    Looking forward to seeing some progress

• braintrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    braintrain polycounter lvl 7
    Looking good, especially for a first try! However I see major problems with the rib cage as underlying shape. The angle of the arc is really big and placed too high. The abdomines are actually overlapping the ribcage but to me it looks like you fit them between the arc.  Also when looking at the transition from the front to the side, the ribcage appears to be more boxy than "egg" shaped.
    Some muscle forms are a bit strange, like the buldge at the biceps closer to the shoulder. Can´t comment on the back since my knowledge is quite sparse there.
    Hope that helps a bit:)
  • c1nder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c1nder vertex
    thank you guys, they are going to prepare new year festival in here abit busy. I tried fixing the ratio over all and add some "hip-bone" (when i'm looking at 2d study from me i relize i forgot his hip lol) . I hope it will be better looking :\
    ps: lol look hip not difference since the last version ...

• c1nder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c1nder vertex
    Back muscle study, i think this must be the hardest part in human body (not include hand and foot and head ..., why everything is the hardest part :( ??? )