Home Adobe Substance

Alpha help!

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Kibbles26 polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys, 
looking for some ideas on how to get my wood texture to flow into 2 different ways, following the wood paneling.

So I have my paneling outline, which i can use as the alpha, but how do I get the wood pattern to follow them each and then join them together?

Many thanks

Replies

• noosence
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noosence polycounter lvl 9

From looking at this it seemed as though are missing some knowledge about the blend node. Up top I simplified your graph by using the one blend node to take in your mask (the checker pattern) and have it display your horizontal wood slats in the white areas of your mask by plugging it into the top input. Then you can simply plug in your vertical slats into the middle input and it will display them where the mask is black. After knowing this you can take your wood grain patterns and apply the same principles to blend the two grain directions using the same black and white mask from above. Then to apply your slat grooves into the wood grain just use a blend node in multiply mode. Now the mask can be used in more than copy mode, and in the other blend modes the blend mode will only be applied where the mask is white. Hope this helps!
  • Kibbles26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kibbles26 polycounter lvl 2
    Great thanks!! That really helped, now i understand the blend tool a little bit better.

Here is an update of what I have now.