Home Technical Talk

Modo model to UE4, rig breaking location on import

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Zack Maxwell interpolator
Grimwolf
Grimwolf -
I've rigged a simple chest so I could animate it opening, and for some reason it's getting pushed up in the Z direction upon import in UE4.
It imports fine without the rig included.
I've been at this all day, and have no idea what the cause is. I've tested the exported .FBX in other software, and it's fine. The issue is occurring upon importing into UE4. Everything seems fine in UE4 aside from the translation error.
Attempting to manually offset it in Modo as a test had... strange results. Basically, it never goes where you'd expect any time it moves.

Topic in forum Unreal Engine

Replies

• Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can I get this moved to general Technical Talk? The root of my problem is definitely more with Modo than Unreal Engine.
  • Sean VanGorder
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Welp, things are continuing to get crazier. I realized that the positioning was actually correct when the object was inserted into a scene instead of simply previewed, so I decided to just go with it and move on to animations. But now the animations, which I stored as Actions, are only exporting the very first frame stretched out across the full animation, as you can see here.

I also got this intense list of errors upon uploading it to Sketchfab;
    • generic : 
      dynamic library 'osgPlugins-3.5.6/osgdb_osganimation.so' does not exist (or isn't readable):
    • animation : 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_15 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'RootNode_23 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_21 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Locks_10 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_7 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Lid_11 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Shelf_12 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_18 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_14 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_4 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_21 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_6 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_7 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_8 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_17 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Root_9 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Root_22 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Root_9 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Lid_11 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Body_0 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_2 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_17 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_1 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_20 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Handle_13 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_1 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'RootNode_23 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_5 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_20 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_20 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_2 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Handle_13 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_15 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Body_0 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_6 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_21 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_14 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Locks_10 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Locks_10 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_17 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_16 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_16 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Root_22 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_15 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Handle_13 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Shelf_12 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_3 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_14 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Shelf_12 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_8 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'RootNode_23 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_19 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_3 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_19 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Lid_11 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Body_0 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_16 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_19 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Root_22 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_18 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_4 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_18 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Root_9 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_5 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does no one know what's going on with the animations? I still haven't been able to fix it, and I haven't gotten any responses on The Foundry's website either.
    Getting completely shut down on an error like this for weeks without any support to be found has me questioning if I can even continue using Modo.