Home Technical Talk

Maya and the Hole filling disaster

vertex
Offline / Send Message
olgakoupt vertex
Heyya,
I'm trying to model a curved ceiling. I did a serious bevel on all corners except floor and I got 2 rows of mystery ploys I had to remove. 
1. How to select in chunks like in 3ds max i could select an edge, tell the program to ring, then i can convert edges to faces, boom=done. is there a maya equivalent to this breezy way?
2. How do I fill this hole without bridging every edge? the "Fill Hole" option creates 100% ngon city
Thanks fam!

Replies

• fade1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fade1 polycounter lvl 14
    Just double click one edge of your hole -> the whole border will be selected, fill hole, triangulate, quadrangulate, done
    or
    select the left edge on top, shift+double click on the last edge of the top row, shift+click the left edge of the lower edge row, shift+double click the last edge of the lower row, bridge, done (usually this works, sometimes maya screws up the selection. depends on the complexity..)
  • olgakoupt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    olgakoupt vertex
    Thank you so much! 
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For ring selection, there's a few ways:
    a) Select edge, ctrl+rmb snap southwest, snap south. (convert to edge ring, convert to face selection)
    b) Select a whatever, then shift and double click on a neighbor whatever to get a ring or loop of whatevers.